Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Modern Pressure Cooker, Highschool

I would agree by the comment that small highschools in a one school town are most definitely pressure cookers in the sense that everyone is fairly close in the means of who they know and hang out. They're most likely a lot less open to change as a lot of small towns are on the conservative end of things, thus being the reason why they're still small. But let's not get on the subject of left and right wings.

The relationships would be far be the worst part among these small school. My school is a mediocre example as we do have our fair share of drama, but we're big enough to move between groups. I do see a fair amount of drama as I have made the mistake of associating myself with the less than bright people of my school and they're simply too stupid to get over the drama. Granted, the worst of the drama mostly does occur with the "Popular Cliques", the very people I avoid simply because of the mediocrity and hypocrisy, and the many other things that are ailing our generation.

But as a whole, I do agree with the fact that most small town schools are pressure cookers.

No comments:

Post a Comment